From Africa to Africa: bringing the regions closer
Long distances, limited road networks, difficult access: joining the dots up in Africa can be very complicated, for people as well as goods. How can we develop mobility so that it supports regional integration and the development of trade between African countries?
On November 7th, marking the centenary occasion of the Optorg company, Tractafric invited its clients, partners manufacturers and stakeholders in Duala, to debate the solutions for mobility development in Africa :
- Etienne Sapou, Manager of SAPTRANS
- Torsten Bauerheim, Head of Sales and Customer Services MB Trucks Africa Daimler AG
- Sébastien Proux, General Manager Tractafric Motors Cameroon
- Alain Dufournier, General Manager Tractafric Equipment Central Africa
- William Elong, CEO of Drone Africa
- Jules Domche, journalist and General Manager of Vox Africa
Optorg is present in Cameroon across two business activities. For more than 85 years, its subsidiary Tractafric Equipment has been supplying the construction, heavy goods handling, mining and forestry industries with specialized equipment from Caterpillar, SEM, Manitou, Powerscreen and Sullair. The Tractafric Motors network provide transport solutions (individual and industrial vehicles, services) in partnership with Hyundai, Ford, Mitsubishi, Renault, Mercedes-Benz, MCV, Fuso and JAC.